Wednesday, 19 April 2017
Durham hospital update
I fell on Sunday and was admitted to Durham hospital. 9:30 pm. Monday consultant told me decision would be made after consultation with upper limb specialist at Darlington. Depending on them either he or they would operate. It is now Wednesday. I have been starved and prepared three times for possible op. including early breakfast today with promised op.
Consultant has now arrived and told me he has only got response from Darlington today SINCE SUNDAY! they want do op there and I have an appt. at their fracture clinic tomorrow, so seems like starting from sq. one again tomorrow. Despite fact that I had been prepared for op today consultant told me that even if he would have been doing op. It wouldn't have been done until tomorrow!
So here I sit with a forearm and upper arm both broken close to elbow since Sunday and. Little prospect of treatment in next couple of days.