For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Sunday 31 July 2016

South West Coast Path SLIDESHOW

I have now edited AND CAPTIONED  the photos from my 20 day Land's End to Exmouth walk.

There are 319 photos.

To view click the link below to Dropbox.

Click on the first photo thumbnail.

Select "Full screen" at the bottom.

I found that each photo needs about one second to avoid buffering before advancing to the next - this may vary for different computers.

CLICK FOR SLIDESHOW


_________________________________________

I have invented a little gizmo to deal with walking pole attachment to a rucksack. It applies if your rucksack has side pockets.

I cut off the top of a 500ml. plastic drinks bottle. To avoid problems with the sharp edge I put it briefly on my ceramic hob. The resulting object goes into the side pocket and poles can go in sharp edge down without damaging your rucksack.

My reason for this invention occurred on the train home. My poles were attached with sharp ends exposed, facing downwards. As I put my rucksack on in the train and swung round I nearly had somebody's eye out.


1 comment: