For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Thursday 5 May 2016

Halton, Lancs.

Another Thursday walk with Pete. For some who may be concerned, in a recent post I referred to "my late friend Pete" -  that was not Pete of Thursday walks fame ! It was another friend who I climbed with for a number of years from 1991 who sadly is no longer with us.

At last we have some warm weather and I walked in shorts for the first time this year - what pleasure that was.

The new Panasonic TZ60 is performing well. Although the sensor is supposed to be the same as the old TZ40 I am finding that I am making many fewer adjustment to lighting etc, in Photoshop.

Here are a few photos.

PLEASE CLICK TO ENLARGE

This building bore the plaque shown below

I Googled a translation which left me none the wiser:

"So as to benefit, not for themselves, but for all the President of the..."

The date is 1978 





Zoom to Ashton Memeorial, Lancaster, 4 miles away

If you want an example to define ubiquity here it is (Lucozade in particular)


Clougha Pike and Grit Fell, northern Bowland hills



River Lune

Start/finish at Halton, clockwise


3 comments:

  1. maybe something improving like

    not only for the self, but for all (people)
    protect and make prosper (i.e. do good)

    - the tense is that curious Latin one more or less commanding an action - i.e. indicating 'do this' (hoc age , perhaps !)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you remember Latinn from over 50 yrs ago? Sounds like a much better translation than the website I found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the results from your new camera. Your comments are timely, I'm looking to replace my Lumix DMC-SZ3 with something better, I think I may have found it.
    You seem happy with it, would you recommend that I raid the piggy bank?
    Argos & John Lewis are selling them for around £199.
    Any further thoughts?

    ReplyDelete