For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Arnside to Bellingham

No, I didn't walk here!

I arrived by car with caravan today (Tuesday).

The intention is to do some of the local Marilyns. I am on the Camping and Caravan Club site where I have full free wifi, but Vodafone is absent for miles around. I had to drive four miles to get a signal - they really are getting money by false pretences.

This is just by way of a test. I have my old laptop and thought I would be able to post from it, but Blogger is no longer supported by anything prior to Explorer 8 and I can't download that because I am still on Windows XP with this laptop and XP  doesn't support Explorer 8, so I'm blogging from the iPad and just want to be certain this goes ok.

Ps. If anybody wants to communicate with me please use email: conrob@me.com

2 comments:

  1. surely there is a blog for macs ?
    would solve all your tech problems and cause apoplexy to boot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen to the man who - this evening - will be lulled to sleep by the Jobs lullaby.

    ReplyDelete