For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Is there a Google+ expert out there?

I have now completed the backup on my new, huge external disc and deleted Picasa with no ill effects.

I have found two files in Google+ with a total of 1107 photos relating to my blog. I reckon these are the ones which have been blanked out on my blog.

I have no idea if it would be possible to reinstate them, and I do not understand how all the various privacy settings work, and fear that if I meddle I might miss a slim opportunity to get my photos back.

What I need is somebody who knows Google+ like a London cabby knows The Knowledge, and I would be prepared to pay such a person good money if the objective was achieved. Anybody got any ideas?

I will be speaking to my computer man tomorrow and I hope he may be able to help, but I believe this needs somebody with very specific knowledge.

1 comment:

  1. have you tried googling for such a person (sorry, poor taste - not a joke) ?
    i think I agree with you that that is the best course - these things get so intertwined with ones hard drives that it is a real effort to purge them without 'expert' help - I read a few blogs on Picasa and there seem to be so many tripwires in the way that I am glad I use Flickr (or at least I am at the moment - it may, of course, have elephant traps of its own.
    it all stems from these bodies trying to make money on the back of an originally free or low cost service that they bought for stupid money and now need to satisfy those who were, in their turn, stupid enough to bankroll them.

    ReplyDelete