For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Sunday 9 September 2012

The shape of things to come?

In comments on my last post I promised my follower The Crow an update on my ten month old granddaughter Katie so here it is Martha.

Katie is now walking, but in an emergency she reverts to the rapid-crawl. I'm not sure what happened next after this incident, but I don't think the police were involved.


The youngest shoplifter?

3 comments:

  1. That look of innocence! Love how she hightailed it out of there when found out...a girl after my own heart.

    Thank you, Conrad, for the update. Katie grows lovelier, and livelier, with every passing month.

    Shoplifter? No, but I think she's learning retail-therapy earlier than most of us do. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shops put brightly wrapped sweets at toddler height - they get what they deserve!
    I think there's a case here for Contributory Negligence.
    Which makes me think of a topic related to your last post: the euphemisms used by authority to excuse their mistakes and excesses: you know the sort of thing - collateral damage, friendly fire, enhanced coercive interrogation technique. Not calling a spade a spade, and all rather sickening. Why do we let them get away with it?
    Lovely photos by the way.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Crow - Glad you enjoyed YOUR post Martha.

    By the way, it has been suggested that I was driving the getaway car.

    Beating the bounds - The torture one is a masterpiece, almost admirable.

    ReplyDelete