For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Monday 25 June 2012

A stylish wedding


Arnside Knott seems to have featured often here recently.
Last Saturday I was there again. For several years after moving here in 1999 I took my Springer, Barney up the Knott every morning, and have ascended many times since - I must have clocked up several hundred ascents, not to count  wanderings on the multitude of surrounding footpaths, and even now I can discover new paths that I have not walked before.
On Saturday good friends of mine, Paula and Mark who live just down the road decided to tie the knot on The Knott. A large number of friends and family gathered in the National Trust car park and climbed up to the viewing station where a civil ceremony was conducted (Paula and Mark having visited the registry office the day before).
Back down at the car park bubbly was consumed, and then in the evening we had a good old knees-up in the Women’s Institute hall in Arnside






















The bridesmaids dresses were intentionally jokey

No comments:

Post a Comment