For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Friday 29 April 2011

Welsh Walk

Wednesday 27th April - day 8
I was glad to leave that dreadful camp site this morning. Apart from its dreariness a gale (without rain) blew all night. My Terra Nova is remarkable, not a peg came loose nor did anything budge even though it felt as if we would take off. It was also very cold this morning and I walked until after ten wearing my Hollowfill jacket. After that it became hot. Wonderful scenery continued, a lot from high vantage points. The hills behind Barmouth look inviting. This could be a good place to stay and do daily outings from.
I am noticing the tendency of many farmers with gates using the perfectly adequate sneck mechanism to add a piece of that ubiquitous orange or blue hairy cord to provide an additional fastening. That cord is what farmers refer to as "a bit o' band".
I have booked into The Taly-y-Don hotel in Barmouth so I can do some much needed laundry and gadget charging etc.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment