For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Saturday 30 April 2011

Welsh Walk - north of Harlech to Criccieth

Friday 29th April - Day 10
Two items from yesterday: I saw two swans swimming along in the sea which seemed unusual to me, and departing Barmouth I walked through a caravan site first talking to the proprietor. He advised me about walking on the beach and mentioned some slippery rocks that would need to be negotiated if tide were high. He said "if you slip there you'll be drinking soup for the rest of your life", and not having heard the expression before I found it quite amusing.
Last night's site appeared to be perfect until I found I had pitched not far from the exhaust pipe of an oil fired heating plant which emitted a loud roaring noise for periods of fifteen minutes at unpredictable intervals, thankfully this problem went quiet after midnight.
Today I crossed the estuary to Portmadog and saw Portmerion across the bay as well as a brief flirtation with the pretty Festiniog Railway. I also had great views of the rock cliffs of Tremadoc where I climbed several times with my old pal Tony. The walking has been attractive but not quite so spectacular and it has been hot.I am camped about a mile north of Criccieth out in the country on a pleasant, private and orderly site, or so it would seem at the moment.
I spent a lot of tome chasing down a gas cylinder in Portmadoc. Because there are clip on, pierce and threaded, mine being threaded they seem to be difficult to find.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment