For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Sunday 24 October 2010

Postscript from Banchory

Rain prevailed for the last two days. I spent the time cosy and warm in the caravan reading The Black Echo by Michael Connelly and The Fatherland by Richard Harris.

Needing more to read I downloaded a free Kindle app to my iPhone and downloaded another Michael Connelly: The Black Ice. The going price for these paperbacks is £7.99 and the download is only £3.99. I find reading on the iPhone is a good experience. This comes into its own at breakfast time eradicating the problems of manipulating a paperback and keeping it open at the right page whilst eating toast and marmalade.  Any smears of marmalade can easily be wiped from the iPhone, but not satisfactorily from the paperback  - yes I am a messy eater.

I earlier referred to my attempt at photography with the iPhone on the summit of Morvern, only to produce a brief, impromptu video of "my trousers being ripped in the wind like Bhuddist prayer flags". At the risk of anticlimax I have  mastered putting a video onto YouTube and creating the link here.  Hopefully, if you highlight the whole lot and right click you will be able to "open URL" or something similar and go to the video on youTube - don't get too excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lHP7Uvcb9o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

4 comments:

  1. quentin tarantino weep, for your match has landed on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. weep quentin, your nemesis has landed

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the trouser-flapping is likely to continue why not go all the way and take advantage of the benefits wind-driven prayer-wheels are supposed to confer. Simply inscribe Om mane padme hum along your turn-ups and prepare to enter the state of peace and tranquillity that is said to ensue.

    Since you made the effort I decided to check out your first attempts at film direction. I must admit it lacks narrative tension. Next time you'd be better advised to go for a major work - say, all of 10 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gimmer - I have decided to put that career on the back burner for a while, but don’t tell Tarantino - better to let him stew a bit longer.

    BB - Your mantra reminds me of my yoga class (long since abandoned). I was the only male amongst a class of twenty. After several classes our intructress introduced us to sonic humming to accompany some exercise or other. I was self concious about this, even more so because I have no pretentions for singing. I was further emmbarrassed when the instructress said “Oh! It’s nice to here a male voice”.

    As far as I remember that was the last class I attended.

    ReplyDelete