For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Friday 18 June 2010

Day 6 - Stiffkey to Holme next the Sea

Thursday 17th June

I had already posted yesterday's report, or thought I had. I phone said it was posted but then the signal went and when I looked today it wasn't there, neither had it been saved. So that is why it is now rewritten a day late,

This morning the path from Stiffkey was a bit boring and continued so after Wells next the Sea . Then I walked along a vast wild, desolate beach dodging the waves as the tide came in and me trying to walk on the consolidated sand - always good fun. The light is very special with blue sea and a vague hint of glowing orange.

This was a long day because I needed to get to the next camp site on the map. I reckon I have done about twenty miles with quite a bit on Tarmac, but this can never be totally avoided on these kind of walks.

The camp site is small and family run and I was received by a ninety year old gent who could hardly walk with arthritis and was also deaf. I have left the Mili battery charger for my iPhone with him and am now in the pub having eaten. I hope I will be able to retrieve the Mili when I get back, if not it may be a late start in the morning.

I had some good chat in the pub with an elderly Scots guy and his wife and daughter.

On the site I chatted to a motor home couple from Defbyshire and they gave me a cup of tea.

I climbed my third stile today. Sandringham tomorrow with luck, but not, I think, as a guest of Her Majesty in either of the contexts that I know of that phrase.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment